In December 16, 2016, a Guinness world record of the longest single line of moving bicycles was set in Dhaka, Bangladesh. With a total of 1,186 cyclists, the event organized by BDCyclists achieved that world record which currently stands unchallenged. Check out the video of that awesome record below:
Two years after setting that world record, the Philippines will attempt to break and set a new world record. This world record breaking attempt is organized by Trinx Bicycles Philippines in partnership with the Department of Tourism, Clark Development Corporation, National Bicycle Organization and CST Tires International.
This attempt is scheduled on October 28, 2018, Sunday at the Clark Freeport Zone in Pampanga. Aside from making it a world record breaking attempt, Trinx has made it a fundraiser for the benefit of Hospicio De San Jose. Participating bike groups and individual bikers are encouraged to make donations to this beneficiary institution.
While this event has caught the attention of the biking community and a lot of bikers have signified their intention to join, the organizers have limited the number of participants to 4,777 cyclists only. So what do you need to know if you want to join this once in a lifetime event?
- This is a FREE event. Yes, you’ve read it right! No registration fees will be collected from the participants.
- Interested cyclists must register as a group. Individual/ solo bikers will not be allowed to join.
- Age limit is from 18 to 55 years old only.
- Participants must be physically fit and able.
- Allowed bicycles are mountain bikes, road bikes, fat bikes, mini mountain bikes and folding bikes with wheel size measuring 20″ in diameter. Wheel size below 20″ like children’s bikes are not allowed.
- Accepted wheel sizes are the following: 20″, 24″, 26″, 27.5″, 29″, and 700C.
- The following kinds of bicycles are not allowed: BMX bicycles, Fixed Gear (Fixie) bicycles, and all types of electronic bicycles.
- Bicycles must have working brakes.
- Clipless pedals and cleats are not allowed.
- No Helmet, No Ride policy will be enforced
- Participants must come in cycling or sports attire. Wearing of slippers and sando are not allowed.
How to register?
- Registration is open to all bike groups and all kinds of bicycle brands. This is NOT exclusive to Trinx bikes users only.
- A bike group must have a Team Leader, at least five (5) active members, an official name and logo.
- The Team Leader or his/her representative must pre-register their bike group.
- Pre-registration schedule is from September 5 to 28, 2018.
- There are two (2) ways to pre-register; ONLINE and IN-STORE registrations.
- In Store pre-registration will start on September 9, 2018. Click here for the official registration centers.
- Take note that pre-registration does not mean official registration.
- After the pre-registration, the Secretariat will inform the Team Leader or his/her representative via SMS of the schedule of the official event orientation.
- Groups who pre-registered will be required to attend one (1) of the official event orientations scheduled on September 16, 23, 30, October 7 and 14, 2018. Time is from 8:00 AM to 12:00 noon.
- Official event orientations will be held in front of the flag pole at the Quezon City Hall for Metro Manila participants. A separate orientation for participants coming from Pampanga and nearby areas will be held on a separate date in Clark.
- The official event ticket will be distributed to the Team Leaders during the official event orientation. The number of slots allotted per bike group will also be announced during the orientation.
- Bike Groups whose Team Leaders or its representatives cannot attend the official event orientation will be disqualified from participating in the actual event.
Waiver of Liability
- Each participant will sign a Waiver of Liability upon claiming of the Participant’s Kit.
- A NO WAIVER/NO BAR CODE/NO TICKET – NO ENTRY policy will be enforced. Failure to present a waiver from a participant, even if he/she has the official ticket will be refused entry to the event venue.
- The Waiver of Liability will be personally signed and submitted by the participant to the designated event steward.
- All registered participants will receive the official jersey before the event.
- All registered participants will receive a certificate of participation after the event.
- Food will not be provided during the event. Participating bike groups must prepare their own food. Although food stalls will be around during the event to sell food to the participants.
The official kit consist of the official jersey, RFID sticker and raffle ticket will be distributed through the Team Leaders in Clark on October 27, 2018 starting at 9:00 PM until 4:00 Am of October 28, 2018.
Assembly time will start at 1:00 AM at the Clark Picnic Grounds, Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga.
There will be a FREE bike check up and maintenance starting at 1:00 AM of October 28, 2018
The formation of the line will start at 4:30 AM of October 28, 2018. Late participants will be refused entry to the event venue.
Target RIDE OUT time is at 5:45 AM of October 28, 2018.
The formation will be a single straight line.
A constant riding pace of 5-6 kph should be maintained while biking in formation with other cyclists.
Cyclists should maintain a distance of 1-2 bike-length apart.
Total riding distance is 9 kilometers.
Starting point is from the Clark Picnic Grounds and would end near the SM Clark gate.
From 8:00 to 11:00 AM a program will be held while waiting for the official confirmation from the Guinness Adjudicator of the result of the attempt . It will be highlighted with a raffle draw. Exciting prizes from the sponsors awaits lucky participants.
People who are interested to witness this once in a lifetime event are welcome to go to Clark during the day of the event. However, spectators will not be allowed entry to the venue of the attempt. They may watch the attempt in designated areas for non-participants.
The organizers are also looking for volunteers to help out in the various committees. If you are interested to be a part of this historical attempt, you may sign up HERE.
We wish Trinx, the organizers and sponsors success in this world record breaking attempt.
Official event website: http://www.trinx.com.ph/guinness/
Official Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/trinxcreatinghistory/